DePaul University, College of Computing & Digital Media, Chicago, USA
M.S. Human-Computer Interaction
Graduated with distinction, CGPA: 3.9/4.0
2016 - 2018
Major Elective Courses:
Information Visualization & Infographics
Accessibility and Design for Diverse Users
User Experience Design Practicum
Symbiosis International University, Pune, India
M.Sc. in Computer Applications
2013 - 2015
Specialization in Software Development
University of Mumbai
B.Sc. in Computer Science
2010 - 2013
Major: Applied Computer Science
The ComEd Student Innovation Contest: Help design a web dashboard or
app for solar users
Ranked 8th under the leaderboard and was certified as a top performer in the challenge "NOW OPEN TO ALL SOLVERS: Help design a web dashboard or app for solar users" hosted by ComEd - An Exelon Company on MindSumo.
DePaul University: CDM Tuition Award
Received a full graduate assistant tuition award of $13,280/- from College of Computing & Digital Media, DePaul University.
DePaul University: Certificate of Appreciation
Received a prize and a "Certificate of Appreciation" for outstanding performance and lasting contributions to the CDM Student Ambassador Program (2017-2018 Academic Year).
How User Experience is Practiced: Two Case Studies from the Field.
Putnam, C., Bungum, M., Spinner, D., Parelkar, A.N., Vipparti, S. and Cass, P. (2018) How User Experience is Practiced: Two Case Studies from the Field. CHI '18 Extended Abstracts, April 21-26, 2018, Montreal, QC, Canada https://doi.org/10.1145/3170427.3188468
Graduate Assistant (Makerspace Student Leader)
Idea Realization Lab Student Employee Leader:
- Developed an online presence for the makerspace (a.k.a. IRL) by building a website [using Wordpress].
- Enhanced the lab services and facilities by conducting online surveys for the makerspace.
- Coordinated with student employees & leadership team to manage lab facilities and troubleshoot makerspace workshop machines.
- Organized the makerspace events and workshops with the leadership team.
- Marketed the makerspace events through email campaigns [using MailChimp] and social media.
- Self-directed the makerspace visitors to the resources/facilities/space by organizing the signage boards.
DePaul University, CDM
Research Assistant (User Researcher)
User Researcher for the "How UX is Practiced: Two Case Studies from the Field" Publication (Summer '17 Project led by Dr. Cynthia Putnam):
- Gathered insights by conducting 16 interviews (n=22 people) with leadership and practitioners, and observations (job-shadowing) with 14 of those practitioners we interviewed at two 'in-house' User Experience (UX) organizations in the Chicago area.
- Transcribed 16 interviews for the analysis.
- Built affinity diagram to analyze and encode the interviews.
- Built the contextual design models to understand the interaction patterns [using Adobe Illustrator and Draw.io].
- Sketched, prototyped, and developed a code-based prototype of (AEIOU framework-based) user research tool [using Axure RP, and Material Design Lite] to address the drawbacks of the tools we used in contextual inquiry.
- Analyzed qualitative data from the interview transcriptions and observational-based data to come up with common themes [using Atlas.ti].
Research Assistant (Experimental Design):
- Conducted experimental design [Z-bell test - To learn how the lenses affect the perception of the object (ringing bell) while keeping your eyes closed] with ~ 50 participants (including brain-injured patients).
Student Assistant (Document Services)
- Maintained an uninterrupted printing services in various departments by servicing and maintaining high-performance printers and value transfer service machines.
- Delivered a value-based customer service through campus copy store.
- Made prompt deliveries of the document resources to the departments with efficiency.
- Promoted sustainability by advising the printer users about low paper usage and wastage through flyers.
Interface Sense, Mumbai, India
Front-End Developer & U.I. Visualizer Intern
2014 - 2015
- Customized website themes for the clients to suit their brand guidelines and business requirements [using WordPress CMS].
- Developed responsive email newsletters for the clients for their email campaigns.
Assisted Sr. UX designer in interviewing the client "Mumbai Angels" & produced wireframes for their web portal to resolve usability issues [using UXPin].
Proof of Concepts:
ACM SIGCHI (Student Member)
2016 - Present
IxDA Chicago (Member)
2016 - Present
DePaul University, CDM
Graduate Student Ambassador of MS HCI Program
2017 - 2018
- Guided and answered queries of prospective students related to the HCI curriculum at DePaul University.
- Attended graduate information sessions along with faculty and staff members to answer queries of prospective students related to academic curriculum and student life at DePaul University.
- Volunteered in CDM reception events.
Coordinating Committee Member of XD Roundtable student organization
2016 - 2017
- Coordinated with the leadership team members to organize networking platform events and workshops for M.S. HCI students and alumni.